Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Claudia's Chocolate Treats!

I've had a lot of requests via facebook and instagram for this recipe- so here it is! 48 calorie cupcakes!

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup oats (old fashion)
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup of a sugar substitute. I used Splenda. I ran out of Splenda at 1/4 cup and used another 1/4 of brown sugar.
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
3 egg whites- 3 TBSP of liquid egg whites = 1 egg. So if you're using liquid egg whites, you'll use 9 TBSP
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce. I didn't have unsweetened, so I used 1/4 cup of regular.
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 0 FAT Greek Yogurt (I used vanilla flavored)
1 Cup of hot water
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners (I had enough batter to make almost 24 cupcakes).

In a blender, grind the oats until they are well ground.
Add the remaining dry ingredients into the blender with ground oats. (cream of tarter, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, Splenda/brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa).
  -Put the blender lid on (mine ended up popping off and I had a cocoa powder mess).
  -Blend/Pulse until all dry ingredients are combined.

In a bowl (I used a medium mixing bowl) whisk together all of the wet ingredients (egg whites, water, applesauce, vanilla, greek yogurt).  Then add the dry ingredients all at once to the mixing bowl with wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.

I then placed 2-3 TBSP of mixture into each cupcake liner. Once all of your liners are filled, sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over each cupcake. (I ended up with around 4 chocolate chips on top of each cupcake).

Bake at 350 degrees for 13-20 minutes. Mine took about 17, but it just depends on how your oven cooks! Check with a toothpick to ensure that they are fully cooked.

Remove from the oven and let them cool for 5-7 minutes before you remove them from the pans.

Enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment