Monday, June 3, 2013

Low Calorie Grilled Turkey Burger



This is probably by far one of my new favorite recipes! I seriously liked it just as much as a regular old beef patty!

One Serving: Approximately 300 Calories

Ingredients:
*Ground Turkey LEAN 97% FAT FREE
*Onion
*Avocado (peeled and cut)
*Salsa- I use Herdez (15 calories per serving- and tastes like restaurant salsa)!
*Low Cal Buns- I just used 35 Calorie whole wheat bread
JalapeƱos are optional.

*preheat your grill or stove top (I used a grill)

For the burger:
One serving is 4-5 ounces (read your label). 
Mix in desired amount of onion and a TBSP of Salsa.
-I didn't use a lot of onion because I put onion on top of my burger as well.
Mix ingredients into patty and place on aluminum foil.
**I wrapped my foil around the whole burger so that I could place it on the grill and flip it without the burger falling apart.

I also sliced a few strips of the onion and wrapped them in aluminum foil as well and grilled them (they don't take long at all and burn easy! I used 0 Calorie butter spray as well (maybe 2-3 sprays?)

I also toasted my bread halfway- that's optional!

Once your burger & onions are cooked thoroughly, place on your bun or bread slice. I put about 1/4 of a sliced avocado on top of my burger, along with jalapeƱos and salsa.

Other toppings are optional- that's just how I prepared mine!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment