Thursday, June 6, 2013

Low Calorie No-Bake Cookies

Low Calorie? Say what!?

Yep, I've found the perfect recipe for no-bake cookies! 54 Calories per cookie! Awesome!
I will give you the ingredients, and tell you how I tweaked it, you choose how you make it, but your calories may change!

Ingredients:
1 Cup Splenda
1/3 Cup almond milk (regular milk is okay, but your calories and fat will change)
2 tablespoons of butter - I use a smart healthy butter that is lower in calories
1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 pinch of salt
1 1/2 scoops chocolate protein powder (mocha or coffee)
** here is where I changed it up. I added chocolate flavored lean 25 from GNC
1/4 Cup of creamy peanut butter ** I used PB2.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups quick oats

Directions:

1. In a large saucepan (medium heat) add Splenda, milk, butter, cocoa powder, and salt. Bring to a boil and let the mixture boil for one minute, stirring frequently.

2. Remove from heat and whisk PB2 (or peanut butter) protein powder, and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in the oats.

3. Roll into golf ball sizes and drop onto waxed paper or you can plop them down with a spoon for the "haystack" look. Allow them to cool and setup for 15 minutes and coat with additional cocoa powder, PB2 and finely chopped nuts ** I didn't top mine with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment