Monday, June 3, 2013

Low Calorie Turkey Chili


Doesn't it just look fabulous!?
It tastes even better!

Servings: 8-10 (my batch made 8 cups) at just under 200 calories per cup

Ingredients:
1 lb. Ground Turkey- I used 97% fat free
1 can Organic Black Beans (I found the lowest calories I could)
1 Can Red Beans
1 Lg. Can of Tomato Juice
Kale
Mixed Colored Bell Peppers
Onion
Chili Powder
Garlic Salt
Paprika
(seasonings are optional)

Also Optional:
Greek Yogurt 0% (sour cream substitute)
Part Skim Shredded Cheese
90 Calorie (or low calorie) tortillas or crackers

Directions:
Cook ground turkey like you would ground beef
Once turkey is cooked thoroughly, add your cans of beans and tomato juice. I started with 8 ounces and ended up needing a couple more ounces- It just depends on how thick you prefer your chili!
Add diced peppers and onion
Add chopped Kale- I cute mine pretty small so I wouldn't know it was even it there!
Add seasoning if you choose to do so- Maybe a tsp of each? I didn't measure- just add to taste!

I let my chili simmer for about an hour or so, the longer it simmers, the more flavor you'll get! 
With my leftovers, I saved a bowl and then froze the rest for another day!

Good Luck and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment